I realized that I haven’t updated this since school started! Those two details are entirely relevant.
To make up for it, I’ll post a recipe for a salad I made this weekend. People kept asking me for the recipe. I’m not entirely sure why, because it’s mad simple, but here it is. Serves about 4.
- 1 can sweet corn (no added salt)
- 1 can black beans (no added salt)
- 1 jicama
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons green chili salsa (I got it from a local tamale shop. If you don’t know where to find green chili salsa, you live in a sad sad place.)
- ~1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Drain and rinse the corn and beans.
- Chop the bell pepper and jicama into little cubes. Smaller is generally better, to go with the size of the corn and beans.
- Toss with green chili salsa and paprika.
- Chill for a few hours, then serve.
- I’m sure this would be good with avocados, cucumber, mango, or pineapple added in. Or maybe tomatoes, if you’re into that. If you want it sweeter or just not as spicy, swap out the green chili for some citrus juice and add fresh cilantro or mint.